Last Revised: January 27, 2021
The Terms for the Website represent a legally binding agreement between you, an individual user or a single entity (collectively or individually “Users”), and Mediflix regarding your use of the Website. Together, Users and Mediflix are each referred to herein individually as a “Party” or collectively as the “Parties.” When using the Website, you will be subject to any additional posted guidelines or rules applicable to specific services and features which may be posted from time to time on the Website (the “Guidelines”). All Guidelines are incorporated by reference into these Terms. These Terms apply to all users of the Website and our services, including without limitation users who are browsers, customers, vendors, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
BEFORE USING THE WEBSITE, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING, BROWSING, USING AND/OR REGISTERING WITH THE WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS, INCLUDING THE GUIDELINES, AND ANY FUTURE MODIFICATIONS. IF AT ANY TIME YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
HEALTH INFORMATION DISCLAIMER. WE DO NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE.
The information on the Website is provided for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as a recommendation for a specific treatment plan, product, course of action or medical or healthcare provider. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Never disregard the medical advice of a physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Website. Information provided on this Website and the use of any products or services purchased from our Website by you DOES NOT create a doctor-patient relationship between you and any of the therapists or individuals affiliated with our Website. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other individual referred to on the Website and/or any third-party website.
IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY.
You must be the age of Majority or older (18 in most states of the United States; older in some jurisdictions) to become a member of the Website. While individuals under the age of 18 (but not younger than 13) may use the Website, they must do so only with the consent and involvement of a parent or legal guardian, under such persons account and otherwise subject to these Terms. Mediflix does not seek through this Website to gather personal information from or about persons under the age of 13. NOTICE: Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for tips from the Federal Trade Commission on protecting children’s privacy online.ederal Trade Commission on protecting children’s privacy online.
Modification of the Terms.
Mediflix reserves the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms at any time for any reason, and we may notify you of such changes through any of a variety of means, including a change to the “Last Revised” date set forth above and other reasonable means to be determined at our discretion. All changes shall be effective immediately. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Website after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes.
Website Access, Linking.
Mediflix grants you permission to use its Website as set forth in these Terms, provided that and for so long as (i) you use the Website solely for your personal, non-commercial use; (ii) except as expressly permitted in these Terms, you do not download, reproduce, redistribute, retransmit, publish, resell, distribute, publicly display or otherwise use or exploit any portion of the Website in any medium without Mediflix’s prior written authorization; (iii) you do not alter or modify any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website for its intended purposes; (iv) you do not engage in any of the prohibited uses as described in these Terms; and (v) you otherwise fully comply with these Terms. The Website is controlled and offered by Mediflix from its facilities in New York in the United States of America. Mediflix makes no representations that the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you are accessing or using the Website from other jurisdictions, you do so at your own risk, and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
If you register with us, you may be asked to provide a password. As you will be responsible for all activities that occur under your account, you should keep your password confidential. The Website may implement technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account when you revisit the Website. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer or Mediflix compatible devices, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure (for example, in the event of a loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure or use of your email address or password), you shall immediately notify Mediflix. Then, you should report this incident to all of your card issuers, as well as your local law enforcement agency. YOU ARE SOLELY LIABLE FOR LOSSES INCURRED BY YOU, MEDIFLIX OR OTHERS DUE TO ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT.
Ownership; Proprietary Rights.
- General. The Website, including all content, visual interfaces, interactive features, audio, video, digital content, information, text, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, software, services, proprietary information, copyrights, service marks, trademarks, trade names, distinctive information such as logos, the selection, sequence, “look and feel,” arrangement of items, and all other elements of the Website that are provided by Mediflix (“Mediflix Materials”) are owned and/or licensed by Mediflix and are legally protected, without limitation, under U.S. federal and state laws and regulations, as well as applicable foreign laws, regulations and treaties. Mediflix Materials do not include Non-Mediflix Content (as defined below). Except as expressly authorized by Mediflix, you agree not to sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or otherwise make unauthorized use of the Website or Mediflix Materials. Mediflix reserves all rights not expressly granted in these Terms. You shall not acquire any right, title or interest to the Mediflix Materials, except for the limited rights expressly set forth in these Terms.
- Please carefully read all pricing terms in the areas of the Website that allow you to purchase our content. You acknowledge that entering into a transaction electronically (including without limitation all records relating to such transactions) constitutes your agreement and intent to be bound by and to pay for such agreements and transactions. Mediflix is not responsible for typographic errors. The price for each respective item will be clearly marked on the page and also clearly marked when you enter your credit card information to purchase. A third-party payment processor will collect your name, email address, postal address, contact details and credit or debit card information. You agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using your account.
- Price changes. We may revise the pricing for content or features offered through the Website at any time. Unless otherwise noted, all currency references are in U.S. dollars. All fees and charges are payable in accordance with payment terms in effect at the time the fee or the charge becomes payable. If there is a dispute regarding payment of fees or content provided by us, your account may be closed without warning or notice at our sole discretion. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN ANY RETURN POLICY APPLICABLE TO OUR CONTENT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY APPLICABLE FEES AND OTHER CHARGES FOR OUR CONTENT ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART. YOU ARE FULLY LIABLE FOR ALL CHARGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT, INCLUDING ANY UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES.
- Accuracy of Billing. We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, at our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e‑mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- Availability. We reserve the right to limit access to any content that we offer. We reserve the right to discontinue any content at any time. We do not warrant that the quality of any services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations.
- Termination. Accounts terminated by us for any type of abuse including, without limitation, a violation of these Terms, may not be reactivated. We reserve the right to immediately terminate your account at our sole discretion, and without prior notice to you if, for example, you violate the Terms. Without limiting the foregoing, if you are a repeat copyright infringer, we will, in appropriate circumstances, permanently terminate your account and remove all of your User Content from the Website.
(a) General. The Website may now or in the future permit you and other Users to post or link media, text, ideas, questions, audio and video recordings, photos, graphics, commentary or other information or content (“User Content”), and to host and/or share such User Content. Mediflix makes no representations that your User Content will remain available via the Website in any way. We may remove your User Content at our sole discretion. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ANY USER CONTENT THAT YOU POST FOR VIEWING ON THE WEBSITE IS MADE PUBLICLY AVAILABLE TO USERS OF THE WEBSITE, AND MEDIFLIX DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY CONFIDENTIALITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUCH USER CONTENT, NOR DOES IT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR INTELLECTUAL OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS IN SUCH USER CONTENT WILL NOT BE INFRINGED OR MISAPPROPRIATED.
(b) Grant of Rights. By submitting User Content to Mediflix, you hereby grant Mediflix a worldwide, non-exclusive, fully paid-up, royalty-free, transferable license, with the right to grant and authorize sublicenses, to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise exploit your User Content in connection with the Website and Mediflix’s (and its successor’s, transferees’, sublicensees’ and their respective affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels or through merchandising. You grant Mediflix, transferees and sublicensees (and their respective affiliates) the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such User Content if they choose. You also agree to irrevocably waive (and cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content. You also hereby grant to each User of the Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform such User Content as permitted by the functionality of the Website and these Terms. The above licenses granted by you in the User Content you submit to the Website shall be perpetual and irrevocable, except that with respect to any User Content that you have removed or deleted while maintaining your Website user account, or any User Content following any deactivation or deletion of your Website user account, you may specifically notify Mediflix regarding the termination of the foregoing license from you to Mediflix, specifically identifying the item(s) of User Content to which such termination applies, in which case the foregoing license will terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you provide such notice to Mediflix. You understand and agree, however, that even following such termination, Mediflix may retain, but not display or perform, server copies of such User Content. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the above licenses granted by you in user comments you submit are perpetual and irrevocable.
(c) Your Representations and Warranties Regarding User Content. You shall be solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of posting such User Content. In connection with User Content, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) your User Content is not confidential or secret, (ii) you own, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize Mediflix to use, all patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Content to enable inclusion and use of User Content in the manner contemplated by Mediflix and these Terms, and to grant the rights and licenses set forth in this Section, and (iii) your User Content, Mediflix’s use of such User Content pursuant to these Terms, and Mediflix’s exercise of the license rights set forth in this Section, do not and will not: (A) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (B) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person; or (C) violate any applicable law or regulation, (iv) you have no expectation of compensation or confidentiality of any nature with respect to your User Content and we, our affiliates, our licensors and/or their affiliates may already have projects under consideration or are independently developing projects that are similar to your User Content; and (v) you shall indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, actions and damages (including, without limitation, court costs, legal fees, accounting fees and amounts paid in settlement) that are related to or result from your use of the Website, your User Content or its posting on, or submission to, the Website, and/or your violation of these Terms or your representations and warranties hereunder. You will cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any such claim or action; however, we reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
(d) Prohibited Uses of User Content. Except as otherwise permitted by these Terms, in connection with your User Content, you further agree that you will not publish, post, submit, transmit through or otherwise make available to the Website: (i) any falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage Mediflix or any third party; (ii) any material which is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, pornographic, obscene, abusive, profane, vulgar, sexually explicit, threatening, harassing, harmful, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or otherwise objectionable, creates a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to yourself, to any other person, or to any animal or which encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law or any right of privacy or publicity, or is otherwise inappropriate; (iii) advertisements or solicitations of business, products, or services; or (iv) any material that would be harmful to minors in any manner.
(e) No Responsibility for User Content. With the exception of the limited license granted above, we do not obtain or control any rights in, and do not exert editorial control over, User Content. Nothing herein obligates us to verify, and we have not necessarily verified, the representations and warranties made by Users with respect to such User Content.
Non-Mediflix Content Disclaimer.
You understand that when using the Website you may be exposed to User Content, advertising and other third party content (together, the “Non-Mediflix Content”) from a variety of sources and that you may be exposed to Non-Mediflix Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable. Mediflix does not endorse any Non-Mediflix Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein. Under no circumstances will Mediflix be liable in any way for or in connection with the Non-Mediflix Content, including, but not limited to, for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions in any Non-Mediflix Content, any intellectual property infringement or misappropriation with regard to any Non-Mediflix Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Non- Mediflix Content posted, emailed or otherwise displayed or transmitted through the Website.
Non-Monitoring of Users and Non-Mediflix Content.
You understand that you, and not Mediflix, are entirely responsible for all User Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available through the Website. Mediflix does not control Non-Mediflix Content posted by Users or otherwise made available by other persons or entities and does not have any obligation to monitor such Non-Mediflix Content for any purpose. If at any time Mediflix chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Non-Mediflix Content, Mediflix nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Non-Mediflix Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Non-Mediflix Content, no obligation to continue to monitor the Non-Mediflix Content and no responsibility for the conduct of the User or other person or entity submitting any such Non-Mediflix Content. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of any User Content or other Non-Mediflix Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, usefulness, non-infringement or legality of such User Content or other Non-Mediflix Content.
Removal of Non-Mediflix Content.
Mediflix and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse to post or remove any Non-Mediflix Content that is available on the Website in whole or in part at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice and with no liability of any kind.
Prohibited Uses of the Website.
(a) As a condition of your use of the Website, you hereby represent and warrant that you will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited (including, without limitation, the prohibitions in this Section) by these Terms.
(b) Any use by you of any of the Mediflix Materials and Website other than for your personal use is strictly prohibited. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, distribute, or exploit any portion of the Website or Non-Mediflix Content obtained through the Website, for any purpose other than for your personal use.
(c) Except as expressly provided in Section 4, you agree not to create derivative works of the Website content, including, without limitation, montages, mash-ups and similar videos, wallpaper, desktop themes, greeting cards or merchandise, unless permitted under these Terms or with the prior written authorization of Mediflix and any applicable licensors.
(d) You agree not to use the Website if you do not meet the eligibility requirements described in Section 1 above.
(e) You agree not to defame, harass, abuse, threaten, stalk or defraud Users of the Website, or collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about Users or third parties without their consent.
(f) You agree not to intentionally interfere with or damage, impair or disable the operation of the Website or any User’s enjoyment of it by any means, including but not limited to uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, worms, spyware, adware, or other malicious code, or placing a disproportionate load on the Website with the intended result of denying service to other Users.
(g) You agree not to remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security- related features of the Website, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any part of the Website, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Website.
(h) You agree not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website or any part of it, including gaining access or attempting to gain access to another user’s account, computer systems or networks connected to the Website or any part of it, through request, hacking, password mining or any other means or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any activities conducted through the Website.
(i) You agree not to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Website. You agree neither to modify the Website in any manner or form (other than contributing User Content as enabled by the Website’s functionality and in accordance with these Terms), nor to use modified versions of the Website, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Website or for the removal of any proprietary notices or labels on the Website.
(j) You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Website for any purpose without our express prior written permission or bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Website.
(k) You agree not to use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other Mediflix Materials without our express prior written consent. You agree not to use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” using Mediflix’s name or trademarks without Mediflix’s express prior written consent.
(l) You agree not to use any Mediflix logos, graphics, or trademarks as part of the link without our express prior written consent.
(m) You agree not to sell, rent, lease, distribute, broadcast, sublicense or otherwise assign any right to the Website to any third party.
(n) You agree not to make unsolicited offers, advertisements, proposals, or send junk mail or spam to other users of the Website or to insert your own or a third party’s advertising, branding or other promotional content on the Website. This includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other solicitation material, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests, and petitions for signatures.
(o) You agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Website or any part thereof, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
(p) You agree not to use the Website in any manner that could interrupt, damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website, including, without limitation, sending mass unsolicited messages or “flooding” servers.
(q) You agree not to modify, adapt, translate, or create derivative works based upon the Website or any part thereof, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
(r) You agree not to impersonate another person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
(s) You agree not to use the Website to “stalk” or otherwise harass or harm another in any way.
(t) You agree not to post, transmit or otherwise disseminate through the Website any User Content that, as we determine at our sole discretion: (i) is unlawful, harmful, harassing, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party’s intellectual property or other rights, (ii) is derogatory or harmful to our reputation, the reputation of our licensors, or any of our or their respective officers, members, employees, representatives, licensors and/or suppliers, in any way; (iii) may incite violence or other unlawful activity; or (iv) is harmful to children in any manner.
Unauthorized or prohibited use of the Website or the Mediflix Materials may subject you to civil liability, criminal prosecution, or both under federal, state and local laws.
Social Media Component
In certain sections of the Website, you may be able to post your comments on the Website from social media websites such as Facebook. For example, your friends and others who have access to view information about you on Facebook will be able to see (on Facebook and on our Website) that you posted a comment. You'll also be able to see similar information about your or your Facebook friends who are connected to our Website. In addition, our Website may personalize and otherwise enhance your experience based on your social media information, such as your basic information, likes and interests. Please pay careful attention to your Facebook settings in your account as well as your privacy settings on this Website which will impact this feature and may give you some control over the information that is shared and who it is shared with. See the respective websites for details.
Linking to the Website and Reference Websites.
- Linking to the Website. You agree that if you include a link from any other website to the Website, such link shall open in a new browser window and shall link to the full version of an HTML formatted page of the Website. You are not permitted to link directly to any image hosted on the Website, such as using an “in-line” linking method to cause the image hosted on the Website to be displayed on another website. You agree not to download or use images hosted on the Website on another website, for any purpose, including, without limitation, posting such images on another website. You agree not to link from any other website in any manner such that the Website, or any page of the Website, is “framed,” surrounded or obfuscated by any third-party content, materials or branding. We reserve all of our rights under the law to insist that any link to the Website be discontinued, and to revoke your right to link to the Website from any other website at any time.
- Reference Websites. Mediflix, Users and other third parties may provide links on the Website to other websites, including the content therein (“Reference Sites”). Mediflix has no control over such Reference Sites or their content, and therefore makes no claim or representation regarding, and expressly disclaims responsibility for, the accuracy, quality, legality, nature, availability, or reliability of Reference Sites or other content linked to by the Website. Mediflix provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link on the Website does not imply our affiliation, endorsement, or adoption of the linked Reference Site or other content or any information therein. If you choose to correspond or engage in transactions with any other person, organization or business found on or through the Website, you acknowledge and agree that we are not a party to, and will not be responsible for, your interaction with such person, organization or business, including its treatment of your information, your User Content, and/or the terms and conditions applicable to any transaction between you and such third-party. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of any kind that you may suffer as the result of any such interaction or the presence of such person, organizations or businesses on the Website. ACCESS AND USE OF REFERENCE SITES, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIAL, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ON REFERENCE SITES OR AVAILABLE THROUGH REFERENCE SITES, IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Mediflix may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our Website as part of our affiliate partnerships with Reference Sites. Our terms and policies do not govern your use of any website other than our Website. You should review applicable terms and policies, including the privacy and data gathering practices, of any Reference Sites.
Service Availability; Timeliness of Information.
Mediflix may make changes to or discontinue any of the Mediflix Materials, web communities or content available on the Website at any time, and without notice, and Mediflix makes no commitment to update these materials on the Website.
This Website may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of the Website at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our Website. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our Website.
From time to time, we test various aspects of the Website, including the platform, user interfaces, service levels, plans, promotions, features, availability of Mediflix Materials, and pricing, and we reserve the right to include you in or exclude you from these tests without notice.
You agree that with respect to any contest entries, feedback, analysis, suggestions and comments to Mediflix provided by you (collectively, “Feedback”), IN CONSIDERATION OF MEDIFLIX PROVIDING ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE FREE OF CHARGE, USER HEREBY GRANTS TO MEDIFLIX THE EXCLUSIVE PERPETUAL, IRREVOCABLE AND WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO USE, COPY, DISPLAY, PERFORM, TRANSLATE, MODIFY, LICENSE, SUBLICENSE AND OTHERWISE EXPLOIT ALL OR PART OF THE FEEDBACK OR ANY DERIVATIVE THEREOF IN ANY EMBODIMENT, MANNER OR MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVISED WITHOUT ANY REMUNERATION, COMPENSATION OR CREDIT TO USER. User represents and warrants that User has the right to make the foregoing grant to Mediflix and that any Feedback which is provided by User to Mediflix does not infringe any third-party intellectual property or any other rights. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Mediflix grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, worldwide, perpetual and irrevocable license to use the Feedback for your own personal, non-commercial purposes that do not compete, directly or indirectly, with our use of such Feedback.
INDEMNIFICATION; HOLD HARMLESS.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS MEDIFLIX AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, COSTS, DEBT, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) ARISING OUT OF (I) YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF THE WEBSITE; (II) YOUR USER CONTENT, INCLUDING MEDIFLIX’S USE, DISPLAY OR OTHER EXERCISE OF ITS LICENSE RIGHTS GRANTED HEREIN WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USER CONTENT; (III) YOUR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS; (IV) YOUR VIOLATION OF THE RIGHTS OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, INCLUDING CLAIMS THAT ANY USER CONTENT INFRINGES OR VIOLATES ANY THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS; (V) YOUR BREACH OF THE FOREGOING REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND COVENANTS; AND (VI) ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT. MEDIFLIX RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT YOUR EXPENSE, TO ASSUME THE EXCLUSIVE DEFENSE AND CONTROL OF ANY MATTER FOR WHICH YOU ARE REQUIRED TO INDEMNIFY US AND YOU AGREE TO COOPERATE WITH OUR DEFENSE OF THESE CLAIMS. YOU AGREE NOT TO SETTLE ANY MATTER GIVING RISE TO YOUR INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF MEDIFLIX. MEDIFLIX WILL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO NOTIFY YOU OF ANY SUCH CLAIM, ACTION, OR PROCEEDING UPON BECOMING AWARE OF IT.
DISCLAIMERS; NO WARRANTIES.
- ACKNOWLEDGMENT. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT AS USED IN THIS SECTION 21, AND SECTIONS 22 AND 23 BELOW, THE TERM MEDIFLIX INCLUDES EACH OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, AGENTS AND SUBCONTRACTORS.
- NO WARRANTIES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, MEDIFLIX DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM MEDIFLIX OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
- “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS.” YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE, MEDIFLIX MATERIALS, USER CONTENT AND NON-MEDIFLIX CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
- WEBSITE OPERATION AND NON-MEDIFLIX CONTENT. MEDIFLIX DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE MEDIFLIX MATERIALS, USER CONTENT, NON-MEDIFLIX CONTENT, WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, OR FREE OF ERRORS, HACKING, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS AND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THE FOREGOING WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ACCURACY. MEDIFLIX DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE WEBSITE IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
- HARM TO YOUR COMPUTER. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USING, ACCESSING, DOWNLOADING, OR OTHERWISE OBTAINING INFORMATION, MATERIALS, OR DATA THROUGH THE WEBSITE (INCLUDING RSS FEEDS) IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM) OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OR DOWNLOAD OF, OR OTHER ACCESS TO SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA.
- MEDIFLIX MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES CONCERNING MEDIFLIX READY DEVICES OR THE COMPATIILITY OF THE DEVICE WITH OUR SERVICE. ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY BE CONTAINED IN THE VARIOUS SOFTWARE END LICENSE AGREEMENTS YOU HAVE AGREED TO BY USING OUR SERVICE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DAMAGES.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL MEDIFLIX OR ITS THIRD PARTY COLLABORATORS, LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS, BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS, DATA OR USE OR COST OF COVER) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MEDIFLIX MATERIALS AND USER CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE, THE WEBSITE ITSELF, OR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH MEDIFLIX, EVEN IF MEDIFLIX HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- LIMITATION OF DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL MEDIFLIX OR ITS THIRD PARTY COLLABORATORS, LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (USD $100).
LIMITATIONS BY APPLICABLE LAW; BASIS OF THE BARGAIN.
- LIMITATIONS BY APPLICABLE LAW. CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF YOU RESIDE IN SUCH A JURISDICTION, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF WARRANTIES, REMEDIES, OR LIABILITY CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS APPLY TO YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT SUCH LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS ARE PERMITTED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED.
- BASIS OF THE BARGAIN. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT MEDIFLIX HAS OFFERED ITS CONTENT AND ENTERED INTO THESE TERMS IN RELIANCE UPON THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN, THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN REFLECT A REASONABLE AND FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN YOU AND MEDIFLIX, AND THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN FORM AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND MEDIFLIX. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT MEDIFLIX WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE WEBSITE TO YOU ON AN ECONOMICALLY REASONABLE BASIS WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Compliance (“DMCA”).
Infringement Claims. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof, and believe that any User Content or other Non-Mediflix Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative listing of such works or a link or URL to all such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity on the Website and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, including the link or URL for all such material on the Website;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Mediflix to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Mediflix’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: Mediflix Copyright Agent, firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAILURE TO INCLUDE ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION, ESPECIALLY SPECIFIC INFORMATION ABOUT WHERE INFRINGING CONTENT MAY BE FOUND, WILL RESULT IN A DELAY IN THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DMCA NOTIFICATION AND MAY RESULT IN YOUR HAVING TO REPEAT SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE PROCESS.
- Notice and Takedown. If we receive proper notification of claimed copyright infringement, we will respond expeditiously by removing, or disabling access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing, as described below, or to be the subject of infringing activity. We will also comply with the appropriate provisions of the DMCA in the event a counter-notification is received, as described below. We may, at our discretion, deny access to the Website by, or disable and/or terminate the accounts of, Users who may be infringers.
Copyright Counter-Notices. If content you posted on the Website was removed for copyright or intellectual property infringement, and you would like to dispute that removal, the process for counter-notifications, which is governed by Section 512(g) of the DMCA, is as follows:
- To file a counter-notification with us, you must provide our Copyright Agent, at the address set forth above, with a written communication that sets forth the items specified below.
- Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability. Please also be advised that we enforce a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of the accounts of (or access privileges by) Users who are infringers. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether certain material infringes your copyright or the copyrights of others, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
Elements of Counter-Notification. To expedite our ability to process your counter- notification, please use the following format (including section numbers):
- Identify the specific URLs of (or other information sufficient to allow us to identify) material that Mediflix has removed or to which Mediflix has disabled access.
- Provide your full name, address, telephone number, email address and, if you are a registered User, the User name of your Mediflix account.
- Provide a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Southern District of New York and the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (if your address is outside of the U.S.A.), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification to our Copyright Agent in accordance with the process outlined above or an agent of such person.
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.”
- Sign the notice. If you are providing notice by email, a scanned physical signature or a valid electronic signature will be accepted. Send the communication to the following email address: email@example.com.
After we receive your counter-notification, we will forward it to the party who submitted the original claim of copyright infringement. Please note that when we forward the counter-notification, it includes any of your Identifying Information set forth in the counter-notification. By submitting a counter-notification, you consent to having such Identifying Information revealed in this way. We will not forward the counter-notification to any party other than the original claimant. After we send out the counter-notification, the claimant must then notify us within ten (10) days that he or she has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Website. If we receive such notification, we will be unable to restore the items. If we do not receive such notification, we may, but are not obligated to, reinstate the disputed item(s).
- Foreign Counter-Notification: If you reside outside of the United States, please understand that filing a counter-notice may lead to legal proceedings between you and the complaining party to determine ownership. Be aware that there may be adverse legal consequences in your country and/or the United States of America if you make a false or bad faith allegation by using this process. Please also be advised that we enforce a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of access privileges for Users who are infringers. So, if you are not sure whether content you posted on the Website is being infringed or are otherwise unsure of whether to file a counter-notification using these procedures, we strongly recommend you first contact a lawyer knowledgeable in the laws of the United States and the State of New York. If you do wish to file a counter-notice, you should follow the process set forth above under the heading “Elements of Counter-Notification.”
- DISCLAIMER: WE ARE NOT YOUR ATTORNEYS, AND THE INFORMATION WE PRESENT HERE IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. WE PRESENT THIS INFORMATION FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
- Notice. Mediflix may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to these Terms, by email, regular mail or postings on the Website. If Notice is by email or mail, it will be provided to the email or regular mailing address provided by you with your account information and it is your responsibility to update such account information for any changes. Notice to you will be deemed given twenty-four hours after an email is sent, unless Mediflix is notified that the email address is invalid, and if through postal mail, three days after the date of mailing. You may provide Mediflix with notices only by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
- Jurisdiction. For any dispute you have with us, you agree to first contact us through email email@example.com. and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. If we have not been able to resolve the dispute with you informally, we each agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Website shall be filed only in the state or federal courts of New York County within the State of New York and you hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. IN ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING COMMENCED TO ENFORCE ANY RIGHT OR OBLIGATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR WITH RESPECT TO THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF, YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY NOW HAVE OR HEREAFTER POSSESS TO A TRIAL BY JURY
- Claims. YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION BROUGHT BY YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE WEBSITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED. If, for any reason, we believe, have reason to believe, suspect or are notified of any act, omission or circumstances which may or could (i) compromise or endanger the health, well-being or safety of any person, (ii) cause or lead to damage to persons or property (tangible or intangible), (iii) adversely affect, infringe upon or misappropriate the rights of others, (iv) harass or interfere with any other user or person, firm or enterprise, (v) interfere with or bypass our security or other protective measures applicable to our systems, networks and communications capabilities, (vi) breach or violate these Terms, or (vii) violate any law or regulation, we have the right, reserving cumulatively all other rights and remedies available to us at law, in equity and under this agreement with you, to report and provide information to any and all regulatory and law enforcement authorities and agencies and take any action permitted by law.
- Waiver. A provision of these Terms may be waived only by a written instrument executed by the party entitled to the benefit of such provision. The failure of Mediflix to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Notice for California Users.
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users of our Website service from California are entitled to receive information on how to resolve a complaint regarding the Website service or to receive further information regarding use of the Website service:
Such complaints or requests may be submitted to Mediflix via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Assignment. The Terms and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Mediflix without restriction. Any assignment attempted to be made in violation of these Terms shall be void.
- Headings. The heading references herein are for convenience purposes only, do not constitute a part of these Terms, and shall not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof.
- Entire Agreement. This is the entire agreement between you and Mediflix relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes all previous communications, representations, understandings and agreements, either oral or written, between the parties with respect to said subject matter, excluding any other agreements that you may have entered into with Mediflix. These Terms shall not be modified except in writing, signed by both parties, or by a change to these Terms made by Mediflix as set forth in Section 3 above. All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved to us.
Copyright © 2021 Mediflix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.